Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our Great Nation


"I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great and you will be a blessing." Genesis 12:2


I married into a political family. In fact, my in-laws were extremely instrumental in bringing the Republican party into our area years ago. My father-in-law was the first Republican candidate for a political office in Southeast Missouri. Republican Governors and Senators used to stay with them when they were in our area. They were Republican when it wasn't cool! I have a lot of admiration for them. Today, our nation is making history. I can't help but think what excitement this is for our generation and the generations to come. Yes, I do love George W. I have been told so many times that he reminds people of my Daddy... and he really does. Is it the accent since they are both from Texas? Is it their funny jokes? I don't know, but I do know that today is a day to remember. I know that this is God's plan and this is what He has decided that our nation needs. At church on Sunday we were given a prayer card. Please join me in praying for our new president, congress, and the people of our nation.

1 comment:

3 Peanuts said...

I have prayed for them all this week.

Kim