Monday, January 11, 2010

Heels for Hope

Bella Ruth holding Violet at Heels for Hope. Rosemary is in the boa and my Mom is passing out the meter reader for the runners.
This past September Bella Ruth and I participated in a run/walk in OKC. The walk was for Ovarian Cancer research in honor of our dear friend Rosemary. Rosemary and her husband have lived next door to my parents since I was 6 years old. Our families are extremely close. My children love her children and we all spend lots of time together. Rosemary was diagnosed with stage 4 Ovarian Cancer in April 2008. She has been through various treatment courses and has proven to be an extremely resilient patient. We can't wait for "Heels for Hope" in September 2010. I think that even the "boys" in our house are going to participate!!

No comments: