Monday, March 2, 2009

Meeting the Bishop (and a prayer request)

Meeting the Bishop.
My RCIA class and their sponsors.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to have the chance to meet the Bishop. It was the Rite of Election service for the Catholic churches in our area. The service was beautiful. After the service there was a small reception and that is where we actually had a chance to meet the Bishop and talk to him. Lucky for me my sponsor, Julie, just walked right up and introduced us. (hi julie!) She even remembered her camera. (I need to do a post on my faith journey sometime soon.)
I also have another prayer request for my prayer warriors: Please pray for this sweet family as they are taking their precious baby girl, Gracie, off of ECMO today. I have followed this story for a few weeks and her family are such strong Christians. Please pray for her Mommy, Daddy, brothers and sister to have peace, grace and courage as they send Gracie home to Jesus. Their blog is http://www.thegledhillfamily.blogspot.com/ .

No comments: