Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cheers for Our Local Boy


Friday night as I was rocking Will Henry before bed, my phone rang and one of the sweetest girls I know was on the other end. We talked about her life, her new job, the job she wants, and her trip to LA. She was on her way to the airport to visit her boyfriend. You see, her boyfriend plays baseball for the LA Dodgers. I have mentioned him before on one of my blogs. He is such a nice young man, and his Mom was one of my life savers when I moved to this small town 9 years ago. So please, watch the Dodgers, and give a big shout out for Blake DeWitt!! He had an incredible night tonight, he hit a triple with bases loaded, and I couldn't help but shed a tear because I knew that his Mama was in the stands to enjoy this wonderful moment of his life.

No comments: